Become a Volunteer
What is a Volunteer?
A volunteer is someone who gives their time and talent by choice, does a good deed, and helps others in the community by working together building relationships.
- volunteers live longer and are healthier.
- volunteering establishes strong relationships.
- volunteering is good for your career.
- volunteering is good for humanity.
- volunteering gives you a sense of purpose.
Think about how much you receive when you give and volunteer your time
Here are just a few of the many possible motivations identified by other volunteers:
- to feel needed
- to get to know a community
- to demonstrate commitment to a cause/belief
- to gain leadership skills
- satisfaction from accomplishment
- to keep busy
- to donate your professional skills
- to have an impact
- to help a friend or relative
- to find purpose
- to be challenged
- to feel proud
- to help someone
- to do something different
- for personal reasons
- to feel good
- to be part of a team
- to be an advocate of change